- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
We use digital x-rays to evaluate bones and other internal organs. Examples include:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Spinal and joint evaluation (hip dysplasia, herniated discs, arthritis, etc.)
- Heart and lung evaluation (congestive heart failure, bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheal collapse, etc.)
- Abdominal evaluation (kidney and bladder stones, intestinal obstructions, enlarged organs, fetal number, etc.)
In addition to confirming pregnancies, ultrasound can be used to provide detailed information about:
- the heart
- gall bladder
- adrenal glands
- lymph nodes
- intestinal tract
- urinary bladder
- prostate gland
- major blood vessels
Ultrasound can be used to do biopsies on some tissues to obtain more information about a disease or tumor in place of an invasive and more costly exploratory surgery. Abdominal ultrasound and chest x-rays are two crucial tools in diagnosing and staging many cancers.
Ultrasound of the heart (called echocardiography) evaluates the heart's dimensions, functionality and blood flow, providing more specific diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.